The objectives of the Geospatial Specialist Group (GSG) are to:
- Provide a reliable, honest, independent view on geospatial-related issues (architecture, systems and information)
- Build on and encourage increasing, mainstream use of geospatial systems within IT architecture
- Raise awareness and knowledge amongst BCS members of geospatial technology, issues, opportunities, and best practices
- Act as a centre of expertise for BCS use
- Encourage serious debate and examination of geospatial issues from a professional BCS perspective
- Educate and inform members and the wider IT audience of geospatial-related issues and development
- Promote to industry geospatial technology and information as a key and insufficiently exploited resource
- Recognize and support of geospatial projects and individuals
- Add to BCS members’ professional knowledge and career development and raise the profile of BCS in established specialized geospatial market.
Click here for information about the committee members.